Careers > Engineering
Staff Product Design Engineer
Pulumi is reinventing how people build modern cloud applications and services, through a unique platform that combines deep systems and infrastructure innovation with elegant programming models and developer tools.
Our team is a diverse and talented group of individuals, with backgrounds in distributed cloud systems, programming languages, developer tools, and operating systems, from companies from all corners of the software industry. Our culture is one of technical excellence, passion for teamwork, and customer obsession.
We are looking for a Product Design Engineer to join Pulumi's engineering team to help design the user experience of Pulumi.com and Pulumi's Cloud Console product, enabling customers to manage their cloud application lifecycle and to gain insights into and operate their running environments.
At Pulumi, engineers are our customers, and have a wide range of backgrounds: from developers to IT operators and everyone in between. You will design experiences that take these engineers from initial sign-up all the way to operating mission critical cloud applications and services.
Our culture is fast-paced and highly collaborative. You'll need to be at ease working closely with Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Developer Evangelism, and Customer Support to design new products and improve existing ones. We expect you to work and communicate across the organization at multiple levels and balance multiple projects in changing conditions. The ideal candidate will be user-centered, customer-obsessed, and able to handle both high-level vision and detail-focused execution with potentially ambiguous and changing product requirements.
- Design and specify user interfaces using participatory and iterative design techniques including user research, design iteration, rapid prototyping, and usability testing
- Create interaction flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, style guides, specifications... whatever it takes to communicate your design
- Plan and perform user research, contextual inquiry, data analysis, and usability testing and evaluation
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers to understand their products and design elegant experiences for those products
- Work with multiple Engineering teams to build efficient interface solutions within technical and time constraints
- Engage with our community to understand their needs and design products and workflows to unlock their potential. Our customers are engineers, and we are passionate about designing products that they fall in love with
- A solid understanding of user-centered design methodologies and usability principles
- A proven track record of delivering detailed interface specifications, guides, templates, and prototypes
- Passion for creating engaging enterprise interfaces that scale with solution complexity while maintaining simplicity
- Empathy for users of software and a solid intuition of user behavior
- Experience designing and shipping products in a fast-paced environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity
Interested? Email us.
At Pulumi, we don't just accept difference, we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.