Careers > Engineering
Staff Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Pulumi is reinventing how people build modern cloud applications and services, through a unique platform that combines deep systems and infrastructure innovation with elegant programming models and developer tools.
Our team is a diverse and talented group of individuals, with backgrounds in distributed cloud systems, programming languages, developer tools, and operating systems, from companies from all corners of the software industry. Our culture is one of technical excellence, passion for teamwork, and customer obsession.
We are seeking a full stack software engineer with a solid understanding of web technologies and a passion for developers and the cloud. In this role, you will build applications that interface with cloud applications and services, and their associated GitHub source code, while providing management functionality and sophisticated visualizations to deliver insights around the running environments.
At Pulumi, engineers are our customers, and have a wide range of backgrounds: from developers to IT operators and everyone in between. You will be building experiences that take these engineers from initial sign-up all the way to operating mission critical cloud applications and services.
Our culture is fast-paced and highly collaborative. We are looking for someone who not only keeps up with the latest, coolest technology, but also someone who understands what it takes to keep production systems running, and obsesses over clean and elegant solutions to complex problems. If you love to solve new problems and rapidly innovate, pushing the boundaries of current technologies, you will thrive in our team.
- Design and develop developer-focused end-to-end experiences
- Build software applications and services using a variety of languages and frameworks
- Work closely with our Product Management team to design features
- Work closely with your fellow engineers and SREs to build and scale backend services
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, and software architecture
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
Interested? Email us.
At Pulumi, we don't just accept difference, we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.