Careers > Engineering
Staff Software Engineer (Systems)
Pulumi is reinventing how people build modern cloud applications and services, through a unique platform that combines deep systems and infrastructure innovation with elegant programming models and developer tools.
Our team is a diverse and talented group of individuals, with backgrounds in distributed cloud systems, programming languages, developer tools, and operating systems, from companies from all corners of the software industry. Our culture is one of technical excellence, passion for teamwork, and customer obsession.
Because of the breath and depth of our platform, we are hiring systems engineers at all layers of the stack.
We are seeking world experts in distributed systems, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, Azure, etc., in addition to event-driven systems such as serverless computing and systems like Spark and Hadoop. We are particularly interested in creating continuous, self-healing fault-tolerant systems, with tools and technologies that ensure developers fall into the "pit of success" when building new cloud programs. We are inspired by trends like infrastructure-as-code and see the possibility to deliver an entirely new way of architecting, designing, and operating cloud programs at-scale.
We are of course also seeking world experts in developer platforms, including programming languages and frameworks, where productivity is paramount, and compositional patterns and capabilities can deliver a transformative experience. Although we aren't (yet) building a new programming language, it's precisely the kind of person who would leap at such an opportunity that will love what we're doing. Because we are currently focused on many languages, multi-lingual and a curious mindset is a must.
- Architect, design, engineer, and test software components
- Interact with the team and the community to determine roadmaps and to scope features
- Independently ensure great performance, reliability, and maintainability of your code
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, and software architecture
- Experience in one or more of the following systems is a plus: Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, Azure, Chef, Puppet
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
Interested? Email us.
At Pulumi, we don't just accept difference, we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.