Careers > Sales and Marketing
Head of Sales
Pulumi is reinventing how people build modern cloud applications and services, through a unique combination of deep systems and infrastructure innovation paired with elegant programming models and developer tools.
Our team is a diverse and talented group of individuals, with backgrounds in distributed cloud systems, programming languages, developer tools, and operating systems, from companies from all corners of the software industry. Our culture is one of technical excellence, passion for teamwork, and customer obsession.
Pulumi is an early stage start up and is looking to hire a Head of Sales to drive our worldwide customer acquisition efforts and to create a sales organization from the ground-up. We envision a Sales organization that serves as a focal point for our customers to achieve success with Pulumi. Reporting to the CEO, this role will entail acquisition of midmarket clients and software ISVs, with an eye to Enterprise customers in the future, and with a supporting team over time.
We are seeking a proven leader with extensive Enterprise sales leadership experience for SaaS and on-premise solutions in the cloud space. As the Head of Sales, you will have built and led a sales organization before, and have a breadth and depth of experience, including general management, sales, lead development, and team development. You will have an opportunity to validate and help evolve the core business model. Your success will be of central importance to Pulumi's success as a company.
Our goal is to build a worldwide sales organization. Because of the importance of cross-functional leadership and collaboration in the early days of scaling the company, however, we prefer a candidate who is located, or is willing to relocate, to the Seattle area.
- Manage and build an exceptional team with a focus on new customer acquisition and growth within the existing customer base to ensure the business exceeds its desired targets
- Build and nurture C-level relationships across top accounts as the executive sponsor
- Oversee team performance, enhance growth, and deliver ongoing mentoring, coaching, training and development of the sales team, including contributors and sales leadership
- Be the leader of leaders -- assess current sales methodologies, team structure, and propose/implement necessary adjustments to optimize performance
- Forecast future sales and manage pipeline
- Deliver insights on business trends and sales activities to senior leadership
- 12+ years of experience in Enterprise Software and SaaS solutions
- 8+ years of experience building and running a direct sales team of 12 or more people, with a proven track record of success
- Strong strategic Consultative Selling experience focusing on closing new business in the Enterprise B2B segment
- Thorough understanding and ability to manage long selling cycles and large complex deals
- Successful experience managing a portfolio of clients consisting of large global companies with a high-level of complexity, focus, and intensity
- Driven to exceed revenue and renewal targets, with a track record of success
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced and evolving environment, leveraging tools like Salesforce.com, Gainsight, and InsightSquared
- Significant experience in engaging and facilitating dialogue with C-level and senior executives at Fortune 100 businesses
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal) that are leveraged to address complex business issues and opportunities
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA is a plus
- An ability to travel up to 50% (as required)
Interested? Email us.
At Pulumi, we don't just accept difference, we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.